I bring a range of experience to the supervision relationship including a background in nursing, acting, performing and training. I’ve been a supervisor for over 20 years.
- My background in addiction services and mental health nursing informs the support I offer supervisees, particularly if they work in these sectors.
- My ‘previous life’ as an actor and performer has given me an awareness of body movement, which is useful for situations such as coaching and presenting.
- The training topics I have developed, and in which I have significant knowledge, are in areas that supervisees are interested in exploring.
I have developed and delivered training on:
- Giving feedback in a way that is palatable for the receiver
- De-escalating medium to high-risk situations
- Preventing bullying and harassment in the workplace
- Creating a non-threatening environment when working with people who have experienced trauma
- Team leadership, how to create a positive team culture, manage team dynamics and facilitate difficult conversations
- Structuring supervision sessions with your direct reports
- Structuring a mediation session between warring team members.
Organisations that have used my supervision services include Auckland District Health Board, Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei, Kāpo Māori, Nursing Council of New Zealand, HIPPY New Zealand, Auckland City Mission, Emerge Aotearoa, Mind and Body, Ember, Walsh Trust, Family Action, Victim Support, Idea Services and Lifewise.
Overall, I would describe my approach as practical and creative. I enjoy nothing more than assisting supervisees to develop strategies and take their next step.
I believe that the things which will assist you the most will be:
- Finding a supervisor who has experience in the areas that you want to develop
- Finding a supervisor with whom you have a positive connection.
If you sense that you would like to work with me, I recommend you give me a call and/or book three sessions. After these initial sessions, you will be in a better position to decide if I’m the right fit for your supervision needs.
Email [email protected] or text +64 27 435 4699 to book a 15-minute phone consultation.